The main research and innovation actitivies of the iMTT laboratory are focused around the following relevant topics relating to instrumentation and measurements:
- theoretical and applied concepts of sensors and transducers and their fundamental role within automatic control systems;
- new directions in the development of complex data acquisition systems including wireless and mobile technologies for pervasive monitoring, and new paradigms such as: Internet of Things, cloud computing and cyberphysical systems;
- embedded networked devices, wireless sensor networks;
- process instrumentation and its integration in large scale automation systems through industrial communications;
- virtual instrumentation and applied informatics.
Additional information regarding: recent publications and projects